Sunday 11 February 2018

Vegan Product Review - February 2018

Hello, and welcome to another products review! I have quite quite a lot of products stored up from thew last month so here goes...


I got this Andalou Instant Age Defying Face Mask at a discount store but they sell it at Wholefoods Market. I loved it! Kind of a refreshing gel mask. It says vegetarian but it's ingredients would indicate it's vegan also :) 
For any JAX residents, it was 50c at Solomon's Ventures... $4 at Wholefoods.


I just noticed these Sky Valley Organic Sauce sat Walmart and now I see them at the health stores too. Most of their products are labeled vegan but not all, as they contain dairy. I've tried these three and some of the Indian ones and they seem to have a good range. Tikka Masala ones were good, Thai Peanut was great, Plum Sauce was ok and General Tso's was awful. It inspired me to make my own though;)





Found these Gopal's Power Wraps at Native Sun. There are two in a pack and they are vegan & raw. I really liked the Japanese one best followed by the Curry but was not a fan of the Texas BBQ (Ironically thought this would be my fave and bought the Curry by accident)



I have searched for a Greek style vegan yoghurt and this Kite Hill  one is it! Loved it and can finally make a decent Raita!



Bought this Forager Cashewgurt in an attempt to make Raita and it was a pretty good yoghurt but I think the Kite Hill plain unsweetened yoghurt won out on the Raita front.


OK so it's Beyond Meat for the Vegan win! I couldn't not believe how amazing these burgers tasted, seriously. My whole family loves them and I can't say that very often. They taste like meat to me, but it has been a while so you be the judge! I'm not a fan of their chicken strips but like their beef crumbles. Found at Native Sun and Wholefoods Market.

  



I love Dr Prager's Kale patties and these Kale Puffs were pretty good! I bought them for my toddler but ended up eating them myself ;) 


For JAX locals I really like The Zen Butcher's Nacho Cheese so I tried this Creamy Cheddar Cheese when they were out of the nachos one. It was ok, similar to the nachos but I still prefer the nachos.


 Loved these Bixby Bars so was excited when I saw them in bites, pretty delicious!!! 


I bought this Pixie*Mood vegan leather tote bag recently when they were on sale. I've been coveting them forever! I just bought the tote but it came with a free smaller bag! AWESOME! Perfect for me too because the tote has all the baby stuff in and the handbag is great when I need to pop out without the toddler!



 Found this Santa Julia organic Malbec on sale at Earh Fare so I thought I'd try it - so delicious! Barnivore says most of their wines are vegan :)


Sorry can't remember which health store I go this Let's Do Organic Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk (maybe Lucky's Market??) but I can finally make my caramel sauce again!!!



A big fan of L'Occitane for some time now (most of their products are vegan, only a few contain beeswax or honey) I just tried these new product; Shea Hand Scrub - so luxurious! Love how soft my hands were afterwards!


Tried these e.l.f. products recently; love the HD Lifting concealer (More liquid and easier to apply), did not love the regular concealer (too thick and darker than indicated). 


Loved both these products - the lip stain and lipstick I think Crimson Crush and Berry...


Really loved this Walmart brand Organic Brown Rice & Quinoa Penne Pasta and so did toddler, so winning!


Sorry can't remember where I got these Sunshine Burgers (I think on sale at Winn Dixie?) but I didn't like them. There were floury and tasteless and honest both tasted the same so not sure what the difference was :(


I know Ore-Ida isn't exactly a health brand bit these Potatoes O'Brien with onions & peppers. A great start to hash browns!! I love to add mushrooms, peppers, onions, spinach and tomato to mine so with this you're half way there.


I tried these Pacifica Sea Water make up removing wipes for three reasons; I saw them in Target, they weren't expensive and I love the Sea Water cleanser. Very disappointed :(
They smell nice and all and are great for a refreshing an already clean face but did not remove much make up at all, even the easy stuff :(


A couple of items my super awesome hubby brought back from his business trip;

These Nutty Goodness raw dried fruit and nut snacks are kind healthy fruit roll-ups.


And he got these Unreal chocolates. LOVED THEM! It's been a while but the peanut ones really did taste like PB M&Ms! The plan ones had puffed quinoa in them and were like crunchy M&Ms and the PB cups tasted like Reeses but also had quinoa puffs in them. Saw them at Wholefoods Market too! Only the dark chocolate ones are vegan :)


This is the best thing he got, apart from being hilarious this Choc Stars chocolate was really good, almost milk chocolate but dark. Only this one was vegan from what I could see...website worth a look though just for the other covers!


Found these Galil vegan Turkish Delight with pistachios at Solomon's Ventures. Apparently available at Publix and Walmart. SO GOOD! Although I am partial to rose water Turkish delight if I'm honest ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!