Wednesday 26 July 2017

Lentil Patties

This recipe is based on one from "Squirrels - Cooking for babies and Children" by Diana Mitchell who used to run an amazing vegan restaurant in Brisbane Australia. Luckily a few of her cookbooks are still floating around on Ebay, I was luckily to receive this one as a gift from a family friend.



Lentil Patties

Ingredients

2 cups cooked brown/green lentils
1 cup cooked mashed potato
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sunflowers
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds (I ground mine)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped finely
small bunch of herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme or parsley)
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying


Method

I used a food processor to blitz the lentils, nuts and onion but the original recipe doesn't call for that.
Mix the all ingredients together well and divide into patties.
Fry in a small amount of oil on a low-medium heat until nicely browned on both sides.
Allow to cool on some paper towel before serving.
I broke them into pieces for my little man as he is a bit of a choker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!