Sunday 29 January 2017

Homemade Stock

I've been meaning to make my own stock for ages but never got around to it. It's so easy! I've been keeping kitchen scraps (all vegetable and nothing that looked like it was going bad) in the freezer in a zip lock bag. Once I had a decent amount I figured it was time! Make sure your scraps have been washed prior to freezing.


Homemade Stock

Ingredients

1 onion, chopped
1-2 carrots, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
kitchen scraps (mine already included fennel, parsley, green onions etc)

Method

Roast the vegetable scraps first in a 350F oven for 30-60 mins.

 Fry up your onion, carrots and celery first with a small amount of olive oil.


Add all ingredients into a very large pot with around 6-8 cups of water or enough to cover the scrapsWith an extra inch of water on top.


Bring to boil then cover and simmer for 1 hour, or longer if you like. I like leaving it to simmer for 2 hours or more if I have the time because the flavour is stronger.
Wait till it cools before straining the liquid and store in freezer safe containers if not using within a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!