Friday 30 December 2016

Cranberry Sauce

I bought fresh cranberries meaning to dry them but then I found dried cranberries (sugarless always seems hard to find!) at the last minute so I thought I'd make a simple cranberry sauce. This recipe was from Simple Recipes but I had to change the yield as I had less cranberries than the recipe.



Cranberry Sauce

Ingredients

1 cup vegan sugar
1 cup water
4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (roughly 12oz)


Method

Rinse cranberries and sort.
In a saucepan place water and sugar and heat on a high heat to bring to boil.
Keep stirring and add in the cranberries, lowering the heat to a simmer for around 10 minutes or until the cranberries have burst.
Remove from heat and allow to cool. 
If you want a smoother sauce process once cool enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!