Friday 22 April 2016

Ziti

I made this for the kids and they loved it, I loved it too!! I'm not sure if it's really Italian as I'd never heard of it before coming to America but it is a great idea. You could add in your favourite vegetables at the onion stage instead of vegan ground beef also :)


Ziti

Ingredients

1 packet of ziti pasta (I used penne as I couldn't find GF ziti)
1-2 cups vegan shredded cheese (I used Daiya Cheddar & Mozarella mixed)
1 jar marinara sauce
1 container vegan ricotta (I used Tofutti)
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbls olive oil
1 packet of vegan ground beef (I used Beyond Meat)


Method

Preheat oven to 350F.
Cook pasta till al dente then put aside.
In a pot heat oil on medium then add onions.
When onions have cooked to a transparent appearance add the ground beef.
Heat through ground beef and then stir in marinara sauce.
Once heated through add in ricotta and mix well.
Pour pasta into sauce and mix well.
Pour the pasta and sauce mix into a greased baking tray.


Top with vegan shredded cheese and bake for 30 minutes.


I melt my cheese first on the stovetop with a bit of almond milk just to make sure it's melted.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!