Wednesday 11 November 2015

What's in My Cosmetic Bag - Nov 2015

I haven't posted much about vegan cosmetics in a while and realised that the products I use have changed quite a bit since I did my Vegan Make Up Tutorial back in February 2014.
Saw this article too on vegan cosmetic brands with a great range for every budget!
Just if you're interested, here are some of the vegan items I'm using and enjoying now...


BASE

Primer - I love Adorn Primer and honestly I haven't found one I like better yet so it's still my fave. A bit pricey but worth it!
Concealer - I haven't found a concealer I like more than the Paula's Choice Concealer in Soft Neutral. I also have e.l.f. Maximum Coverage Concealer  in Porcelain if I want to cover a larger space
Liquid Foundation - I have Tarte Amazonian Clay Maracuja Miracle Foundation in Medium but I think I mixed it with a lighter one because it was too dark. For everyday use/lighter coverage or a cheaper option I have e.l.f. Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain.
Powder/Foundation - I have two powders depending on how thick I want my make up, I love Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation powder in Fair Honey for heavier coverage and the Smooth Operator Finishing Powder for if I want a light coverage.


EYES

Eyeshadow - Paula's Choice carries a lot of vegan items, I especially love the "Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette" which has the perfect colours for this brown eyed girl! The little Tarte Amazonian Clay palette was a gift and it is "Brewed Awakening" - I use a couple of the browns sometimes as they are shimmery rather than matte. I also love Inika mineral eyeshadow in Coco Motion. I also love Etherealle Handmade Mineral Makeup on Etsy, a great selection of eyeshadow colours - some of my favourites are Silhouette, Mink and Ashelia.
Eyeliner - For liquid Eyeliner I use Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner, it's a tub so you need a brush and for pencil I use Tarte Amazonian Clay or e.l.f. Manic Panic has a great range of liquid eyeliner colours also.
Mascara - I used to use Manic Panic mascara until they changes to "Spider Eyes" which I don't like as much. My favourite vegan mascara is Tarte Amazonian Clay Gifted Mascara in black. The only issue I have with this mascara is that it is semi-waterproof so can be difficult to get off. Post about it here.
Brow - Most of the time I use a darker brown eyeshadow for my brows from the Paula's Choice "Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette".

CHEEKS

Contour - For contouring, mainly along the cheekbones I love Inika Mineral Bronzer - Sunloving 03
Blush - I have the Paula's Choice "Blush It On Contour Palette" which has some great blush colours.
Finishing - I love a shimmer or lightening powder for the upper part of my cheekbones, brow ridge just below the brow and along the nose bridge. A light eyeshadow from one of the palettes or e.l.f. High Definition Undereye Setting Powder or their shimmering cream.

LIPS

Lipstick - My favourite vegan lipsticks have to be Manic Panic Collection** - out of the ones that are vegan Tainted Love is my favourite! Their lipstick is just so creamy and long lasting! I also like Etherealle Handmade Mineral Makeup on Etsy. I especially love the lipsticks Hibiscus and Empress which can be seen in my post about vegan lipstick here.


**Manic Panic used to be a vegan brand and the Tainted Love Lipstick definitely is but the other products I'm not sure about anymore as their "Lethal Lipstick" range now says "not vegan", I'm waiting to hear back from the company on this!


If you need help de-cluttering your cosmetics (clearly I do!), then check out this article from One Pampered Life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!