Wednesday 30 September 2015

Weekend visit to Georgia, Tennessee & Washington

I spent last weekend in Georgia with my BFF as we had our high school reunion to go to...I won't tell you how many years ;)
I was also luckily enough to spend a few hours in Seattle as part of a stopover.

I flew with Alaska Airlines and they had a snack option called the Mediterranean Tapas which was advertised as GF, vegan and kosher. I was a bit skeptical of a couple items (the hummus and dark chocolate) once I purchased as they contained regular sugar so I will update when I hear back from those companies. But it was still nice to see them trying!!!




In Atlanta, GA we went to a divine restaurant called Cafe Sunflower. Don't let the name fool you, this is no cafe, it's vegan fine dining! It was a little bit pricey but the food and atmosphere was great. I had the Spicy Pad Thai Noodles and my friend had the Orzo Eggplant Lasagna. We shared a chocolate torte for dessert, it was the only GF cake. Definitely a great place for a romantic date :)






In Dalton, GA I found some great vegan products in the Kroger which had a terrific health/vegan/allergy section.

I had never heard of Bai 5 drinks before but they are vegan and very tasty. They do use Stevia as their sweetener though so it has that Stevia after taste!


These are a couple of Amy's vegan/GF meals that I found in the frozen health section. Pretty tasty!




We ate at the Fuji Steak & Sushi Restaurant. They have a few vegan sushi (nori) rolls and obviously vegetable tempura is you're not allergic to gluten but I had the tofu & vegetable teppanyaki (hibachi) as the rest of the family was doing that. The tofu was deep fried and delicious AND gluten free! I made the waiter show me the packet for the ingredients LOL

We did a little lunch trip to Chattanooga, TN to Coolidge Park to look around the cute shops and ate at Cashew Plant Based Vegan Cafe. The food was amazing, the prices very reasonable and the cafe itself was cute as a button.



I had the Hummus and Roast Vegetable Wrap and my friend had the Chipotle BBQ Burger (which was not GF) and I got a side of their cashew cheese which was SOOOO good!



At the front of the cafe they sold vegan bakery goods (many of which were GF) and vegan jerky! I got a jelly donut and some teriyaki jerky which was the only GF one. I really couldn't recommend this place highly enough! Day old donuts for cheap!!



2017 visit...
Buffalo Bowl







On my way back to SLC I had a few hours stopover in Seattle, WA so I decided to get the light rail and see the Pike Markets and the Space Needle. What a beautiful city! Reminded me so much of my beloved hometown Sydney, Australia...*sniff, sniff*.





Right next to the Pike Market place was the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and to my delight they had a little vegan section at the front counter! The only thing that was GF was the chocolate covered marzipan but being half Hungarian I love marzipan so I was all over that!



The Seattle/Tacoma Airport was so cute, they had such a clean pretty food court complete with trees and talented live musicians! I got some vegan sushi at Maki of Japan in the Central Terminal food court.


I was surprised to see a Butter London store in the airport too! They are a UK brand of vegan nail polish. The store at the airport also had a salon where they do manicures and pedicures and it's the only Butter London salon in the USA apparently! They had the entire range of nail polishes too which was very exciting to me but unfortunately I was only a budget and couldn't get any. Butter London is great but not cheap!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!