Wednesday 5 August 2015

"Insalata Caprese" Crackers

When I was staying in Sicily (before I was vegan) I had most wonder salad which consisted of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil layered alternating in a circle and topped with olive oil and seasoned with salt. It was so simple, yet so amazing. it's called "Insalata Caprese" or Salad of Capri and variations of the salad include using bocconcini and an additional drizzle of balsamic vinegar. I have been making it on rice crackers as a go to snack for as long as I can remember and when I couldn't get any good vegan cheese I just skip the cheese. Good quality ingredients are the key, I love using tomatoes straight from the farmers market!


"Insalata Caprese" Crackers

Ingredients

Rice crackers (or any crackers you like)
Tomatoes, sliced and then cut into four
Handful of basil leaves
Vegan mozzarella cheese (I used Field Roast Chao Slices - Original Creamy, cut into 4 or 6 pieces)
Good quality olive oil (garlic infused is divine too!)
salt & pepper for seasoning.


Method

Assemble the crackers on a plate or dish.
Place a cracker size slice of cheese on each cracker, followed by the tomatoes and lastly with the basil leaf.
Sprinkle a  light seasoning of salt (and pepper if desired).
Drizzle a very small amount of olive oil.
Enjoy!! So easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!