Wednesday 30 April 2014

Brothy Brown Lentil Soup

I had some cooked brown lentils in the fridge so I just made this soup up with what I had in the house - delicious!!!



Brothy Brown Lentil Soup

Ingredients

2 cups cooked brown lentils
1 large potato, peeled and chopped into small cubes
2 medium carrots, chopped into rounds
1 onions, chopped
Approx 4 cups of vegetable stock (I used Vegeta)
1 Tbls olive oil

Method

In a large saucepan heat oil and fry onion and carrots on a medium heat until onions are clear.
Add lentils and potato and pour in enough stock to cover all the vegetables (hence the measurement "Approx").
Bring to boil then cover and turn down to a simmer for 20 minutes.
Once potato is soft is ready for the eating!
Celery might be nice too but I didn't have any :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!