Monday 17 February 2014

Week 1 - Beachbody Focus T-25 Challenge

So I'm trying to use their meal planner but it's vegetarian and some of the items are hard to veganise so I'm just recording what I eat, and hopefully it will be a similar amount of calories :)
I bought healthy raw nuts, vegetables and fruits to snack on plus made my own hummus :)


Monday Day 1 - 1400 calories


Workout
Being President's Day I wasn't working so I didn't do my workout till 10am when normally I would do it in the afternoon.
I started with the first workout - Alpha Cardio and I have to say before this I thought I was pretty fit. What a joke - this workout was brutal but awesome. There was one girl doing an easier version too which was really helpful for when I wanted a break but it kept me moving.
The fact that the workout is only 25 minutes kept me motivated to finish when I wanted to give up and I hope by next Monday I will nail it!
They have 3 minute cool down afterwards too with stretches which I really liked.

I also liked the fact that you don't need much room to do the workout - I did it in my bedroom where I have around a 2 metre x 4 metre space.

Breakfast
2 pieces of gluten-free toast with 1 avocado and a sprinkle of Red Robin seasoning
1 cup green tea (caffeine free)


Snack
5 Sugar Snap peas with 2 Tbls hummus
Shakeology Vegan Chocolate (I scoop Shakeology, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract + 1 cup water)
Lunch
Tofu Scramble - 1/2 Packet soft tofu, 4 mushrooms, 1 tomato, 1/2 onion, 2 Tbls nutritional yeast.
Snack
2 Tbls hummus and 5 mini carrots
Dinner
Roasted veg - 8 Brussel sprouts, 20 asparagus spears


Tuesday Day 2 - 1320 calories

Workout
I started a new job today and I'm sick so the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was exercise but I have to stop making excuses. So I did it! And actually it wasn't too bad. The Alpha-Speed 1.0 was a combination of cardio and stretching so I really felt like I never needed to rest...sweating though!
Breakfast
Shakeology - 1 scoop Shakeology, 1 cup water, 1 cup coconut water, 1 banana

Snack
Lara Bar

Lunch
Got taken out to lunch at work and had gluten free pasta with a tomato based sauce with peas and spinach - was supposed to have black bean burrito mix!
Snack
2 Tbls hummus, 1 red bell pepper, 4 mini carrots

Dinner
Eggplant Parmesan (this was SO good)



Wednesday Day 3 - 1400 calories


Workout

The Alpha-Total Body Circuit - kind of brutal cardio with squats, lunges and planking. Hurting!
I nearly threw up but managed to keep it at bay ;)
Breakfast
Shakeology - 1 scoop Shakeology, 1.5 cups water, 1 banana, 1/2 tsp mint extract

Snack
Lara Bar

Lunch
Black bean burrito

Snack
1 celery stick + 1 Tbls peanut butter
1 box raisins
Dinner
Potato pancakes with apple sauce (it's part of the diet I swear!)
I had to make three meals tonight (kids, my dinner, my lunch) so it was a bit tiring but worth it!


Thursday Day 4 - 1400 calories

Workout

Ab Intervals-normally hate Ab work but was happy to be on the ground and not using my legs...they are so sore LOL
Breakfast
Shakeology - 1 scoop Shakeology, 1.5 cups water, 1 banana, 1/2 cup frozen berries

Snack
2 celery sticks + 2 Tbls vegan cream cheese + 2 Tbls raisins.

Lunch
Thai Peanut Tofu Noodles (delicious!)

Snack
Lara Bar

Banana
Dinner
Rice Burger

Friday Day 5 - 1340 calories


Workout

Rest Day
Breakfast
Shakeology - 1 scoop Shakeology, 1.5 cups water, 1 banana, 1/2 tsp hazelnut extract

Snack
Larabar

Lunch
Curried vegetable stew-yum, hubby wanted some (this recipe I thought was a bit of a waste of just a 1/4 of each vegetable so I did 4x the amount and then will have it over the weekend)

Snack
1 red bell pepper, 4 baby carrots, 2 Tbs hummus

Dinner
Curried vegetable stew

Saturday Day 6 - 1340 calories

Workout
Lower Focus - this felt really good after a days rest, my legs were ok to do most of the exercises. Felt very strong but still sweated bad lol
Reorded my first lot of stats today, lost 1lb and 1 inch from my waist and hips - not bad for only 5 days work!
Breakfast
Tofu Scramble (1/2 block firm tofu, 1/4 onion, 1 tomato, 1/4 cup peas, 2 green onions, salt & pepper


Snack
Grapes
Lunch
Thai Slaw Salad (from Luck Slice Pizza)
Snack
Shakeology - 1 scoop shake, 1 cup coconut water, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 tsp hazelnut extract, 1 tsp vanilla extract

Dinner
Vegetarian Chilli

Sunday Day 7 - 1140 calories

Wooo Hooo day Day 7, a whole week of workouts and meal plans - done! And feeling really good!

Workout
Stretch - enjoyed the stretch workout, kind of like a yoga session. Feeling very refreshed and motivated for another week of hard work!

Breakfast
Breakfast Quesadilla – 290

Snack
Nada
Lunch
Black Bean Burritos 330

Snack
Orange and grapes - 120
Dinner
Vegetarian Chilli - 400

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!