Friday 20 December 2013

Strawberry Cream Filled Chocolate Truffles

I actually only used the strawberry cream part of this recipe to use as filling for my Vanilla Pound Cake but I wanted to put up the whole recipe. Recipe from Damy Health. Then I made the chocolates to see what they tasted like. I found the filling to taste a little like strawberry yoghurt and the chocolate to taste a bit bitter. Next time I think I would just melt down some vegan dark chocolate instead.



Strawberry Cream Filled Chocolate Truffles (Ice Cube Tray Chocolates)

Chocolate Ingredients:
1 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa Powder
1/4 Cup Natural Maple Syrup

Strawberry Cream Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Natural Cashew Butter
3/4 Cup Strawberries (Fresh or Thawed)
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/8 Tsp Salt
3 Packets Stevia (Agave, Maple Syrup or Honey)
1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract


Method

Blend Strawberry Cream ingredients until smooth in your food processor and set aside.
In a separate food processor bowl blend Chocolate ingredients until smooth.
Spray a pre-chilled, clean ice cube tray with a healthy oil.
Using a spoon pour the chocolate into each ice cube mold.
Coat the bottom and the sides of each ice cube mold using your spoon.
Tip – I picked up the ice cube tray and kind of tilted it around to make sure all the angles were covered. Make sure the molds are completely coated.
Fill each ice cube mold with Strawberry Cream filling.
Top with a layer of chocolate coating.
Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
Remove from freezer and set on the counter for a minute or two.
Gently twisting the ice cube tray, as you would to remove ice cubes, remove each truffle and place on a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!