Monday 2 September 2013

Crispy Spiced Chickpeas

My friend Jen gave me this recipe and it's great for a healthy snack. You can add any spices you like.
Apparently some people make them just with cinnamon sugar as well :)
I think the spice mix from Party Popcorn would also be delicious.


Crispy Spiced Chickpeas

Ingredients

2x 400g cans of chickpeas/garbanzo beans (alternatively you can use 3-4 cups of cooked chickpeas)
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp Italian herbs (optional)
1 Tbls olive oil

Method

Preheat oven to 350F.
Rinse chickpeas and dry on a paper towel.
In a bowl mix the chickpeas with the oil, salt and spices/herbs.
Lay out in a single layer on a baking tray (I put foil underneath).
Bake for 40-60 mins or until they are the level of crispiness you desire.
Once cooked put out onto a paper towel and then serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!