Sunday 5 May 2013

Chocolate Chip Muffins


I got this recipe from All American Vegan. They were really delicious. I found they fell apart a bit but I was using gluten free flour so I blame that.



Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins

Ingredients

2/3 cup melted vegan margarine (I used Earth Balance brand)
1 cup vegan sugar (I used Florida Crystals)
1 Tbs. vanilla
3/4 cup soymilk (I used Silk Organic Soy)
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. egg replacer powder (I used Ener-G brand)
3/4 tsp. salt 1 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Mini Chips)


Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line muffin pan with one dozen muffin papers.
Combine melted margarine, sugar, vanilla, soymilk and vinegar in a large mixing bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Separately, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, egg replacer powder and salt and stir together.
Combine wet and dry ingredients, stirring to throughly combine, then beat for one minute.
Add chocolate chips to batter, and stir until evenly distributed.
Scoop batter into muffin papers, three quarters from top edge of the muffin papers.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean (not including melted chocolate).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!