Monday 18 February 2013

Vegan Chocolate - From Scratch

I got this very simple homemade chocolate recipe from Oh She Glows blog and my first attempt was a bit lame. It tasted fantastic but just didn't mix together as well as hoped in the blender so it didn't look very pretty. I didn't read her note about not using the blender - oops!


Easy Homemade Vegan Chocolate

Ingredients

120 grams cacao/cocoa butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup room-temperature pure maple syrup (I used golden syrup cause it was all I had but still tasted fine)
pinch of fine grain sea salt
Flaked sea salt, for finishing


Method 

Note: I’ve changed the directions to omit the blending process. The blender seems to yield a softer, thicker mixture while simply mixing by hand resulted in a firmer chocolate that poured easily. I much preferred the chocolate when mixing by hand.

1. Gently melt the cacao butter in a pot over the lowest heat setting. Or you can use a double boiler.

2. Whisk all other ingredients (except flaked sea salt)  into the pot.

3. Pour into 12 silicone cups and sprinkle with flaked sea salt (optional). Alternatively, you can use paper liners (they will stick a tiny bit but will still peel off) or line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop spoonfuls all over the paper. Plastic chocolate molds may stick.

4. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Pop chocolate out of the cups and enjoy immediately. Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.

With raisins and nuts...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!