Friday 22 February 2013

Rice Bubble Treats

A simple slice recipe for kids parties or adults who don't know how to limit their refined sugar intake, like myself. You can omit the icing sugar for this recipe as well, I mainly used it because my marshmallows were a bit liquidy. They were a bit sweet but were solid enough if kept cold.



Rice Bubble Treats

Ingredients

3 Tbls vegan margarine
6 cups rice bubbles/krispies (I used Freedom gluten free)
1 cup icing sugar


Method

Melt butter on a low heat in a large saucepan.
Add marshmallows and allow to melt down into a syrup.
Stir in icing sugar until melted.
Pour into heat proof bowl with rice bubbles and mix well by hand.
Pour mixture into a large baking tray with high sides – best covered in baking paper and lightly greased.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, overnight is best.
Remove from fridge, lift out onto chopping board and cut into squares.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!