Monday 21 January 2013

Lemon, Garlic and Chilli Pasta with Ricotta

I adapted this recipe from one on the Heart Foundation website. It was sooo yummy, I had to restrain myself from eating it all in one go. It should, in theory, feed 4.



Lemon, Garlic and Chilli Pasta with Ricotta 

Ingredients

400g spaghetti or tagliatelle
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes, or half a fresh chilli finley chopped, seeds removed (I used sambal olak cause I didn't have chilli flakes)
1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
¼ cup finely chopped chives
150g vegan ricotta (I used Tofutti)


Method

Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions until al dente.
Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid.
Heat the oil in same pan over low heat, add garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until aromatic.
Increase heat to high, add the reserved pasta cooking water, lemon rind and juice, chives and spaghetti. Toss over low heat until warmed though.
Pile into serving bowls, crumble over the ricotta, season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!