Monday 8 October 2012

Pumpkin & Pea Risotto

I just made this up last night and it was yummy, very Autumny.



Pumpkin & Pea Risotto

Ingredients

1/2 Buttnernut Pumpkin, peeled and chopped into small chunks
1 white onion, chopped finely
2 Tbls olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 cups aborio rice
4 litres veg stock
1 cup peas
Handful of english spinach
Tbls Fresh Thyme, stalks removed chopped
Tbls Fresh Sage, chopped
salt & pepper to taste


Method

In a large pot add oil and heat to medium.
Fry onion and garlic until onion is soft and clear.
Add rice and mix well to coat in the oil.
Add pumpkin and 2 litres of stock, turn heat up to high.
Once stock is boiling turn heat down to medium and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently.
Add peas, herbs and 1 litre of stock and simmer until liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently.
Add last litre of stock and stir until evaporated to 1/3.
Add salt and cracked black pepper to taste.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I love your blog, it's one of the nicest vegan surprises in the last weeks ;)
    I like plain, not sophisticated recipies, but having something special, and your blog is just perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I started it to help GF vegans but now I use it so much too instead of looking at my recipe books!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to message me!