Wednesday 1 August 2012

Mum's Simple Pumpkin Soup

My mother hated cooking. I don't remember her cooking much when I growing up but what I do remember was quick and easy! This soup is so simple and has only a few ingredients. I served it with Tofutti sour cream and garlic bread.



Mum's Simple Pumpkin Soup

Ingredients

1 butternut pumpkin
1 can chopped tomatoes (or fresh if you want)
I onion, chopped
water
salt & pepper
Tofutti sour cream (for serving)

Method
Peel or slice of skin of pumpkin. If you get a good sharp peeler it makes this so easy!
Chop pumpkin into small chunks and put in pot with enough water to cover the pumpkin, also add onion.
Boil until pumpkin is soft.



Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Wait till tomatoes have warmed through.
Mash pumpkin till smooth (I use a potato masher but if you have a bar mix you'll get a much smoother soup).
Serve with vegan sour cream and garlic bread!
EASY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!