Tuesday 22 May 2012

Adventures with Fondont Icing

I had a 12yo over on Saturday and she wanted to make cupcakes so we made vanilla cupcakes. She asked if we could use fondont...puzzled look on my face...um ok sure. I had never heard of this before. I mean I've seen decoration on cakes but I didn't know you could just buy this stuff in the supermarket! And it's cheap, vegan and gluten free...yay!

So here is my first experiment with fondont...


So basically you take a little piece of fondont and a tiny bit of food colouring (I used the small amount that catches in the lid) and rub it into the piece of fondont until you get the colour you want. Yes it stains your fingers but get over it...we suffer for our art! Then you mould the fondont into the shape and place on a sheet of baking paper. Add markings etc and then place in the fridge until your ready to add them to your iced cupcakes. Before you ask the super awesome leaves were all me baby!

TA DA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!