Monday 16 April 2012

Liv's Vegan Stew

My friend Liv made this for me the other day. It was simple, yummy and healthy.



Liv's Vegan Stew

Ingredients

2 Potatoes, peeled and chopped in small chunks
1 cup Quinoa, cooked
1/2 cup Peas (canned or frozen)
Onion, finely chopped
Handful Spinach (any kind), chopped
Tomatoes, chopped
Handful of endive, chopped (or other green vegetable)
1 Tbls Olive oil
1 tsp Pink salt


Method

In a large frying pan add oil and heat on medium.
Add onions and fry until clear.
Add potato and add water enough to cover the potato.
Turn heat up to medium/high and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add all other ingredients except quinoa.
You may need to add a little more water if it simmers down to much.
Once potato is cooked through, add quinoa to heat through.
Serve with bread.

Note: Liv says pink salt is stronger than reegular salt so you don't need to use as much but just add salt to your own taste.







2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! You should enter it in my vegan soup-off blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks K-bobo,
    I will! but I can't take the credit LOL

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to message me!