Tuesday 6 December 2011

Rainbow Rice

Last night I had some left over cooked rice in the fridge that I wanted to use up so I thought I'd try to experiment (which never ends well). It's around 20% rice and 80% vegetables. Just add whatever vegetables you have - hence Rainbow Rice!



Rainbow Rice

Ingredients

2-3 cups cooked cold rice
1 red capsicum, washed and chopped
2 carrots, washed and chopped
1 Tbls minced garlic
1 Tbls minced ginger
1/2 chinese cabbage, washed and chopped
I bunch chicory, washed and chopped (I found the chicory a bit bitter and overpowering)
1 Tbls oil for frying

Sauce;
1 Tbls seaseme oil
4 Tbls soy (I used tamari)
2 Tbls sambal oelek
2 Tbls sweet chilli sauce
4 Tbls peanut butter


Method

In a large pot heat the frying oil on a medium heat. Add carrots and capsicum and fry until softening.
Add chinese cabbage and fry until wilted.
Add chicory (or spinach) and fry until wilted.
Add rice and simmer on a low heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Add all the sauce ingredients into a bowl and whisk together then add to pot and stir through.
Test the flavour and add more/less as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!