Thursday 17 November 2011

Fishy Tofu Fingers with Aioli Sauce

This isn't my recipe but I've searched and I can't find where I got it from, sorry if it's yours and I stole it. My bad. They were really yummy, taste like fish fingers.
I changed a few things to make it gluten free and substituted some ingredients that I didn't have.
So here's my version.



Fishy Tofu Fingers


Ingredients for coating;

1 400g packet of firm tofu, drained and pressed
1/3 cup GF flour
2 Tbls gluten free gluten
1/3 cup polenta
2/3cup sliced almonds
2 Tbls nori sheets (I used 3 ripped up)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 dried dill
1/4 veg salt or celery salt
1/4 of lemon pepper

Ingredients for wet part;

2/3 cup non-dairy milk
2 Tbls vegan mayo (I used Praise Fat-Free)
1 Tbls lemon juice


Method

Blend dry ingredients in a food processor of blender unless crumbed.
Whisk dry mixture together.
In a large frying pan heat some coconut oil (or any oil you like) on high until bubbling.
Turn heat down to medium-high.
Cut tofu into fingers.
Dip each finger in the wet mixture then coat well in the dry crumbs before adding gently to the oil.
Fry on each side until golden brown and place on a plate with paper towel.
Serve with your favourite sauce - mines Aioli (recipe below).


Aioli Sauce


Ingredients

1/2 cup vegan mayo
2 Tbls lemon juice
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp salt

Method

Whisk ingredients together in a bowl.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!