Monday 14 November 2011

Blueberry Jam

I just used the same recipe as Strawberry Jam. With the exception of Marmalade which is a bit more complicated you could pretty much use any fruit (note: my guess, not fact). I ordered my cool labels from Blue Sugar Press on Etsy.com.


Blueberry Jam

Ingredients

1kg blueberries, washed (I'm lazy and used half fresh and half frozen)
1kg jam sugar (I used CSR Jam Sugar)
1/2 cup lemon juice


Method

Sterilise your jam jars and lids by placing on a tray in a 180˚C oven for 10-20mins.
Add all ingredients to a large pot and stir on a low heat until sugar has melted.
Turn heat up to medium-high and allow to boil for 10-15mins.
Do the crinkle test by pouring a spoonful onto a saucer and placing in fridge or freezer until cooled and then touching with your fingers. If it crinkles then the jam is set, if it is still liquid then allow jam to boil again for another 10 minutes.
Take jam off the heat and allow to cool slightly before dispensing into sterilised jars.
Wait for jam to be cool down to warm before sealing.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!