Sunday 25 September 2011

Packet Chocolate Mudcake with Ganache Icing

I can't really take any credit for this recipe because I used a packet mix for the cake (I know, I disgust myself) but I was feeling lazy and want chocolate. I also ate 2/3 of the cake and made myself feel a bit average.

The cake mix was Naturally Good Deliciously Free "Moist Chocolate Mud Cake Mix" (which I bought at Woolworths) and the icing was Chocolate Ganache from the Post Punk Kitchen (I got it from the Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World cookbook but the recipe was also on their website so I can share it!!)




Chocolate Ganache Icing


Ingredients

1/3 cup almond milk (I used rice milk)
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used a block of Green & Blacks 70% Dark Chocolate)
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup


Method

In a small sauce pan, bring the milk to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer and add the chocolate and syrup.
Mix with a rubber spatula/wooden spoon for about 30 seconds.
Turn heat off, continue stirring until the chocolate is fully melted and the icing is smooth.
Store in fridge for 30mins to solidify if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!