Sunday 7 August 2011

Chocolate Walnut Cookies with White Choc Chips

I got home on Friday night after dinner out and really felt like dessert. I don't keep nice things in the house because I have no willpower. Maybe because I was home alone or maybe it was the Jane Austen movie I was watching and their incessant talk of tea and cakes, I'm not sure.  I decided to make my Chocolate Brownie Cookies because they are quick and I always have all the ingredients in the house. Not "always" as the case was. I was missing quite a lot of ingredients so I ended up with a new cookie. I'm not sure why the blog insists on turning the photo on the side and not giving you any edit options but anyway, here you are, side cookies.



Chocolate Walnut Cookies with White Choc Chips

Ingredients125g Coconut Oil
175g Sugar (I used evaporated cane juice)
60g Millet flour
65g Buckwheat flour
35g Cocoa
1 Egg replacer
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 Bicarb Soda
200g vegan white chocolate chips
1 cup Chopped walnuts

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Beat coconut oil and sugar together with electric beaters (or by hand if you're keen) until creamy.
Add in egg replacer and vanilla and beat until mixed.
Sift in remaining dry ingredients (except white chocolate & walnuts) and beat until mixed.
Prepare a baking tray (or 2) with baking paper.
With damp hands (have a bowl or sink or water ready because your hands needs to stay damp) take around a golf ball size of mixture and roll into a ball and add to tray. Repeat until mixture is finished. Make sure they are well spaced because they will drop when they cook and stick together.
Bake for 10-12 minutes for soft in the middle cookies. If you like hard cookies bake longer.
Allow to cool before transferring to plate or they will fall apart.


Note:
I usually eat my cookies straight away (and burn my mouth) because I love them being soft in the middle and I thought with these that the white chocolate chips would be melty that way but it was opposite. They were better as cold cookies (room temperature). The white chocolate chips were meltier cold, crazy but true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!